GENERAC POWER SYSTEMS "THREE YEAR" LIMITED WARRANTY FOR "AIR-COOLED EMERGENCY AUTOMATIC STANDBY GENERATORS"
For a period of three years from successful activation of the unit (one (1) year or one thousand hours, whichever occurs first, for units in international markets), Generac Power Systems, Inc. (Generac) warrants that its standby generator will be free from defects in material and workmanship for the items and period set forth below. Generac will, at its option, repair or replace any part(s) which, upon examination, inspection and testing by Generac or an Authorized/Certified Generac Service Dealer, is found to be defective.
Any equipment that the purchaser/owner claims to be defective must be examined by the nearest Authorized/Certified Generac Service Dealer. This warranty applies only to Generac emergency automatic standby generators used in "Standby" applications as Generac has defined Standby. Scheduled Maintenance, as outlined by the generator
owner’s manual, is highly recommended. This Scheduled Maintenance should be performed by an Authorized/Certified Generac Service Dealer. This will verify service has been performed on the unit throughout the warranty period.
UNITED STATES AND CANADA
YEARS ONE and TWO
Limited comprehensive coverage on mileage, labor and parts listed.
Limited comprehensive coverage on parts listed
INTERNATIONAL YEAR ONE
(or 1000 hours, whichever occurs first) – Limited comprehensive coverage on labor and parts listed.
Extended Warranties are not available on units sold into International Markets.
THIS WARRANTY SHALL NOT APPLY TO THE FOLLOWING:
- 1. Warranty begins upon the successful activation of the unit.
- 2. Unit should be Registered and Proof of Purchase and Maintenance must be available.
- 3. Warranty is transferable between ownership of original installation site.
- 4. Warranty only applies to permanently wired and mounted units.
- 5. Any and all warranty repairs and/or concerns, must be performed and/or addressed by an Authorized/Certified Generac Service Dealer, or branch thereof. Repairs or diagnostics performed by individuals other than Authorized/Certified Generac Service Dealers not authorized in writing by Generac will not be covered.
- 6. A Generac Transfer Switch is highly recommended to be used in conjunction with the generator set. If a Non-Generac Transfer Switch is substituted for use and directly causes damage to the generator set, no warranty coverage shall apply.
- 7. Steel enclosures are warranted against rusting for the first year of ownership only. Damage caused after receipt of generator is the responsibility of the owner and is not covered by this warranty. Nicks, scrapes, dents or scratches to the painted enclosure should be repaired promptly by the owner.
- 8. All warranty expense allowances are subject to the conditions defined in Generac's General Service Policy Manual.
- 1. Any unit built/manufacturer prior to April 2010.
- 2. Generac generators that utilize non-Generac replacement parts.
- 3. Costs of normal maintenance (i.e. tune-ups, associated part(s), adjustments, loose/leaking clamps, installation and start-up).
- 4. Units sold, rated or used for "Prime Power", "Trailer Mounted" or "Rental Unit" applications as Generac has defined Prime Power, Trailer Mounted or Rental Unit. Contact a Generac Distributor for Prime Power, Trailer Mounted or Rental Unit definition.
- 5. Damage to generator system (including transfer switch) caused by improper installation or costs necessary to correct installation.
- 6. Units used for Prime Power in place of existing utility power (where utility power is present) or in place of utility power where utility power service does not normally exist.
- 7. Fuel connections other than conventional utility company supplied natural gas systems or conventional LP vapor withdrawal systems.
- 8. Any failure caused by contaminated fuels, oils, coolants/antifreeze or lack of proper fuels, oils or coolants/antifreeze.
- 9. Steel enclosures that are rusting due to the improper installation, location in a harsh or saltwater environment or scratched where integrity of paint applied is compromised.
- 10. Failures due, but not limited, to normal wear and tear, accident, misuse, abuse, negligence or improper installation. As with all mechanical devices, the Generac engines need periodic part(s) service and fluid replacement to perform as designed. This warranty will not cover repair when normal use has exhausted the life of a part(s) or engine.
- 11. Failures caused by any external cause or act of God, such as collision, theft, vandalism, riot or wars, nuclear holocaust, fire, freezing, lightning, earthquake, windstorm, hail, volcanic eruption, water or flood, tornado or hurricane.
- 12. Damage related to rodent and/or insect infestation.
- 13. Products that are modified or altered in a manner not authorized by Generac in writing.
- 14. Covered warranty labor rates are based on normal working hours. Overtime, holiday, or emergency labor costs for repairs outside of normal business hours will be the responsibility of the customer.
- 15. Any incidental, consequential or indirect damages caused by defects in materials or workmanship, or any delay in repair or replacement of the defective part(s).
- 16. Failure due to misapplication.
- 17. Telephone, cellular phone, facsimile, internet access or other communication expenses.
- 18. Living or travel expenses of person(s) performing service, except as specifically included within the terms of a specific unit warranty period.
- 19. Expenses related to "customer instruction" or troubleshooting where no manufacturing defect is found.
- 20. Rental equipment used while warranty repairs are being performed and/or overnight freight costs for replacement part(s).
- 21. Costs incurred for equipment used for removal and/or reinstallation of generator, (i.e.: cranes, hoists, lifts, etc.)
- 22. Planes, ferries, railroad, buses, helicopters, snowmobiles, snow-cats, off-road vehicles or any other mode of transport deemed abnormal.
- 23. Starting batteries, fuses, light bulbs and engine fluids.
THIS WARRANTY IS IN PLACE OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, SPECIFICALLY, GENERAC POWER SYSTEMS MAKES NO OTHER WARRANTIES AS TO THE MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
Any implied warranties which are allowed by law, shall be limited in duration to the terms of the express warranty provided herein. Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitation may not apply to purchaser/owner.
GENERAC POWER SYSTEMS ONLY LIABILITY SHALL BE THE REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT OF PART(S) AS STATED ABOVE. IN NO EVENT SHALL GENERAC POWER SYSTEMS BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, EVEN IF SUCH DAMAGES ARE A DIRECT RESULT OF GENERAC POWER SYSTEMS, INC. NEGLIGENCE.
Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations may not apply to purchaser/owner. Purchaser/owner agrees to make no claims against Generac Power Systems, Inc. based on negligence. This warranty gives purchaser/owner specific legal rights. Purchaser/owner also may have other rights that vary from state to state.